Sunday, August 21, 2016

That Damn Rock

Sisyphus meets with a contractor.
That damn rock. I push and push and just when it looks like I am about to reach the top, I lose my footing or grip and slide back down to the bottom. I need help. My back is killing me.
You should have come to me sooner.
I was stubborn. My stupid male pride over came my sensible self. Can you supply a few guys to help?
Sure. How much can you pay?
I have three goats. You can have two of them.
That's a start. How about your first born?
I wasn't prepared to sacrifice that much.
Do you or do you not want that rock pushed up the hill?
Can't we just pulverize it so the pieces are smaller?
Absolutely. That would all the goats, your first born and your wife.
I need to think this through.
Fine. Get back to us. You look in a lot of pain. I'll give you the name of my chiropractor.
What is that?
Let's just say you'll hear lots of bones cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment