Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Citizen's Arrest

I was just trying to get coffee and a newspaper, your Honor. This was a wide sidewalk, plenty of room. Here I am, a senior citizen, just trying to get through the day. I know the neighborhood, wave to everyone, get a return wave.
Well, what do I see up ahead? This stranger, this woman coming at me with not one, not two, not three, but four dogs on four separate leashes. They were taking up the whole sidewalk.
There are friendly faces and there are evil ones. This was an evil woman assaulting my senses with a bunch of yapping animals. Yes, we had words and yes, it escalated. Eventually I ordered her to freeze. I was making a citizen's arrest. A small crowd gathered. I was throwing down the spear in the name of civility.
Unfortunately she felt overly threatened. Further misfortune occurred when it was revealed she knew Tae Kwon Do, which accounts for this sling I'm wearing.
Your Honor, I'm asking you do the right thing and incarcerate this dangerous banshee, Satan's dog walker. She commandeered my sidewalk. What if I showed up at a dog park without a dog? You see my logic?

No comments:

Post a Comment