Thursday, June 21, 2012

Crunch

I was in a car accident Tuesday past. Came away unhurt, but the passenger side was crushed, as well as the window. Thankfully there was no passenger. From time to time I give people a lift. Not that often because I'm not that popular.
I would hate to have to pick glass out of anyone's hair. That would not be a problem for me, considering my lack of hair. A screaming passenger and tons of guilt also would be rather off putting.
The other driver must have been making the same right turn I was. How did he not see me? Solar flare?He was scratching himself?
The back up of traffic ahead caused by one of many lane closures is what made me turn off onto a side street. It is in year eight of continuous road construction near my condo. Eight years of watching guys in hard hats stand around doing little. Things worsened when the whole Wal-Mart mall opened up right where the road work was. Brilliant planning. Our taxes at work. Now I'm stuck with a deductible, which was money I was going to use for my next book. It's looking like I'm going to have to return to my old job to generate income. And I thought I'd seen the last of my Chippendale's spandex.

No comments:

Post a Comment