Friday, June 8, 2012

Winter of my Mind

I lie in bed contemplating the depths of my despair. When I scroll down my Facebook page I am appalled by the lack of depth in the comments. Too many smiling faces on vacation, holding kids and pets. I have no kids or pets, take no vacations, seldom smile. I do not relate.
People are constantly informing me of their projects--saving puppies and kittens from euthanasia, creating compost heaps, protesting high ankle sprains in volleyball. Right now, my only project is to get off this bed and do something with the rest of my day besides watch old movies starring Ann Sheridan. The sun is shining, temperature about 60. Think. What should I do?
I could make out holiday cards in advance, except I never send any. I could send someone I don't like a present and make them feel guilty for not getting me one. I could go to the gym or stay here and wait for a door to door salesman. It is June and I'm in a winter state of mind. Maybe I should join a caroling group. I sense there's lots of hanky panky in those singing bands. Why not summer caroling? Boy, that couch looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment