Monday, June 11, 2012

Pills

My prostate pill is failing. The urine flow test tells me that. My graph was unimpressive. Last year the flow was stronger.
A normal graph has a peak and falls off quickly. I had no peak and the fall off was long and drawn out. I did release more millimeters this year. Big deal.
My doctor decided to increase the dosage. I am determined to upgrade my performance next year. I want my urologist to be proud of me.
I take lots of pills, pills for diabetes, blood pressure, sinus congestion, cholesterol, prostate, inflammation, eye trouble, skin problems--you get the idea. I can swallow the really big ones with a gulp of water, but always have apple sauce ready just in case.
I can envision the day when I'll be sitting in a folding chair outside an assisted living compound, gumming oatmeal, grousing about everything. Meantime, I'll keep popping pills to ward off this scenario as long as possible. Plus, I have to eat food with them to prevent stomach issues. A perfect excuse for pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment