Thursday, June 7, 2012

Now, Please Go

Alexandria, you have torn out my heart and flayed it in the harsh light of winter. My spirit is crushed, my will destroyed, my reason for living vaporized.
I offered you my being, my soul, my essence, and you took a sledgehammer to my sensibilities. I am human, with all the fragility that embodies. I am a fount of vulnerability and you manipulated my weakness to your own devious ends. You have stomped on my trust, spit on my loyalty, burped upon my honesty.
I opened myself to you, surrendered all my secrets, my passion, my most cherished beliefs. I shared the full range of my fantasies, all the colors of my dreams, the texture of my dramas.
My plans for us were dashed against the jagged rocks slathered with black foam from the waves of your disdain. You have eviscerated me, left me a shell of a man. Without you, it is a Godless universe I must face without hope of happiness or sense of worth. No philosophy will heal my wounds, no religion will create sense out of nonsense, no sunrise will blot out my despair.
And why? One lousy genital wart, and a small one at that. Leave me be. I'm begging you, remove yourself from my pitiful existence. Please go. Oh. I forgot. This is your apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment