Sunday, June 17, 2012

Why Take Offense?

That's what Custer said to the Indians at Little Bighorn. From his point of view, there was plenty of land for everyone. Yes, some Indians got slaughtered, but so did settlers. Why not call it even and start from scratch?
Where does that leave the buffalo? That's another blog.
If I attend an exhibition, I will certainly voice my opinion of the art. Why be offended? Take it like an adult and move on. However, I really like my neck and I will go to extremes to defend it. I pick my battles.
I sense the trigger for that epic battle at Little Bighorn was a comment by Custer about Crazy Horse's neck, which was followed by some Indian ridiculing Custer's hat, with the feather in the band.
All that bloodshed could have been prevented by turning the other cheek. A blind eye and a deaf ear is the best strategy. Except if its your mother in law's sauce. Something must be said at that point, let the dishes get smashed, the screaming commence, then, when everyone is calm, order out.

No comments:

Post a Comment