Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hit Pause

I had a friend who needed a pause button on her forehead. She just would not shut up about her projects. I am convinced pause buttons for all of us are essential. Examples: the Lady GaGa Impersonator who stunk, wearing a white cauliflower wig that kept sliding off. Pause and regroup please. You have to pee on a stalled subway. Pause that urge.Just before you say something stupid. When you're driving past a hot person. Savoring the aroma of something just out of the oven.
Pausing the entire year I turned 25 so I could enjoy everything more would have been healthy. But no Stop button. I have to accept and deal with all the negative stuff. I would never avoid the negative because how would I appreciate the positive? Even all those who've driven me nuts have value. What would I be writing about without them?
When I am among friends or strangers in an enclosed space and feel gassy, yes, I'd beg for a pause button to avoid embarrassment. But I would not hit a Stop button. Once alone, I can't imagine not enjoying the freedom of releasing an atomic fart and all that pent up tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment