Sunday, June 3, 2012

Head Shot

I'm tired of getting hit in the head. The other day I was at an event outdoors minding my own business when a tent got blown over and smacked me in the noggin. I was momentarily stunned, but stayed on my feet. I got an apology, followed by indifference. They were more concerned with tent damage.
Some years ago a squirrel leaped from a tree and landed on my head. I don't think it was an assassination attempt, but who knows? Are there near sighted animals? Should we be licensing tree jumping creatures?
I have been bopped by all sorts of round objects serving as tools in various sports. People have tossed things at me, which slipped past my hands and hit my face. I've bumped my head on the refrigerator, car, cellar and closet door. My car trunk has almost decapitated me several times.
Holding toddlers resulted in baby smacks to the side, right above my ears. I've been punched in the head only three times my whole life. Each one hurt and caused swelling. I've fallen on my head dozens of times. The older I get, the longer it takes to get up.
Luckily, despite all these unfortunate head injuries I remain a clear thinking, high functioning adult.
Did I take my medication this morning?
How do I shut off this damn computer?
I can't hear you. I've got this ringing in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment