Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Leave Giselle Alone

This is exactly why I don't allow comments on my blog. Giselle gets harassed by bottom feeders, loses her temper and lashes out, causing media to blow everything out of proportion. Certainly she should have ignored criticism of hubbie Tom Brady, Pats QB, but she is a tall, proud woman with long legs and a straight nose.
Giselle and I have a lot in common. Both of us have an artist's temperament. We are serious about our work--me, writing, she, taking long strides down a catwalk. We are both successful business people-her with her multimillion dollar brand, me with my refrigerator magnets containing clever sayings. We also have perfect posture, straight, impressive shoulders, and beneath our hard gaze and cold exterior, we are nurturing people. I took care of a German Shepard for seven long years. Her teeth are whiter. Giselle's, not the dog.
Sensitive artists can easily be thrown off their game by louts and philistines shouting disparaging remarks. I refuse to be that vulnerable. Plunging ahead with my projects, I ignore the phone, disable texts on my cell, plug my ears, close my eyes to the mass of low culture surrounding me, and continue to create a solid, if not spectacular blog. If Giselle were at close proximity, I'd offer words of support and maybe a hug. If she broke down sobbing, something she has never done, I would speak softly, offer more words and Pez. I discovered supermodels have a thing for Pez.

No comments:

Post a Comment