Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Urologist

My urologist has big hairy hands. I have prostate issues. Not a good combination. My yearly check up is coming closer.I also have a small pimple on my butt. Not a good combination.
They make you pee into a special bowl that measures force and volume. I squeeze as hard as I can to get the most urine out as fast as possible. This is a man thing.They are also looking for protein in the urine. That means something isn't working right.
My urologist asks questions. How strong is your flow? Does it sting? How often do you have to go? Unless it's red, color doesn't seem to be an issue, although ideally clear urine is best. No one on this planet has clear urine, not even Dr. Oz.
Eventually he will suggest you bend over and drop your pants. The digital exam has been fairly quick in the past. I pray I won't spurt pee or fart during those awkward seconds. Each year, as I age, that possibility increases. I suppose I could cover the pimple with Clearasil. It's not like my urologist has never seen butt pimples before.
Too much information? Evidently not because you kept reading to the end. And, yes, sometimes peeing stings.

No comments:

Post a Comment