Thursday, February 23, 2012

Prospectus

Here is the downside of not allowing comments on the blog: there are smarter people out there who would be able to translate this message from Prudential I received yesterday.
"Effective February 27, 2012 the Value Line Target 25 Portfolio Sub-account will close to all Owners EXCEPT those Owners who have ever invested Account Value in the Sub-account. You may continue to allocate Account Value and make transfers into the Sub-account after the Closure Date, including any electronic funds transfer, Dollar Cost Averaging, Automatic Rebalancing, asset allocation and Balanced Investment programs. If you have never previously invested in the Sub-account and you do not have Account Value invested in the Sub-account as of the Closure Date, you will not be permitted to invest in the Sub-account thereafter."
After I finished reading this and vomiting what's left of my brain into the sink, it occurred to me that when you invest money with a money manager and periodically receive thick pamphlets listing hundreds of companies and stocks and tiny numbers, row afer row, page after page, you may as well have waved bye bye to said investment. I simply check my quarterly statement to see if I have anything left. If there's still money in my portfolio, I resume worrying about other things, like that lump of food in the Tupperware container at the back of my fridge that's been there for months and I'm afraid to open.
26 more days til spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment