Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Maturity

I took another step toward maturity today. Sports Illustrated swimsuit models were signing copies at a Walgreens in midtown. Plus, more supermodels were at Lincoln Center for Fashion week. I could have gone over there and stood in line for hours in exchange for a quick autograph by some lady I will never see again. I could have stood in the cold with my camera waiting for runway models to emerge from a show like so many others without a life.
Instead I chose to attend a writers support group at Montclair library and discuss perplexing writer problems and offering sage advice to the younger scribes. Then, after a hearty lunch in Secaucus at a Dunkin' Donuts, I went to a book discussion at their library. Actually all the seats were taken, so I went to the Sara Jessica Parker movie next door. It was kind of funny in that quirky, modern style of Sex and the City. And I had tea and pretzels to boot.
This is how I should be spending my time. Will I watch Letterman tonight because he has Kate Upton, the SI cover choice? I may just check in a moment and listen. She's only 19, but young people's opinions are important too. I'm particularly interested in who her favorite authors are.

No comments:

Post a Comment