Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cable Guy Anxiety

I'm waiting for the cable guy to come fix my TV. I swept the floor. Should I mop the bathroom and clean the windows? Certainly I must go over the full length mirrors on my closets, wipe away all the streaks. I made the bed, shaved, put on fresh walking shorts and a pristine white shirt.
I have on WBGO, the jazz station. Cool, but not too cool. I've already thrown out a bag of garbage, cleared away stuff from around the wiring. I know where my surge suppressor is located.
What if he asks me a question I can't answer, like where is your transfer converter box?
I have to move my car so he can park in my space. I want to make sure everything is perfect. I want him to report back to his fellow cable guys that I provided a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I need to stay out of his way. Only speak if spoken to. I don't get many visitors. This cable guy visit is a challenge. If I can host a short visit here, then I might be able to invite friends over at some point without having a nervous episode. What if he asks for soda? I only have water and its too late to hit the store. Why didn't I think of every contingency? The phone is going to ring any second, confirming the appointment.
God, this is nerve wracking. I should have just bought a new TV. Maybe I'll sweep the floor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment