Friday, July 20, 2012

Police Action

Police are questioning my neighbors. There are two cop cars and two unmarked cars, about eight cops questioning two old people. I can't park my car in my spot because of this, so I have to park on the street.
Why do cops need backup for even the smallest issue? A traffic stop now calls for two cop cars surrounding some poor slob who broke some minor regulation. In fact, any stop and search becomes a group grope, with cops flying in from all directions.
Meanwhile, it remains so easy to get guns, periodically some nut goes berserk in a theater or business. The President releases a statement, a commercial comes on and it's back to Rachel Ray.
Cops usually stand a certain way like they own the immediate vicinity. They speak in disdainful tones, and eye you up and down like we know you did something and you might as well tell us now. Every cop is a former high school athlete who spent four years swaggering through the halls. You have to have an attitude to be a cop, the kind of thing most people do not want to be around for more than six seconds. I can't imagine cops having friends other than other cops.
Eventually the neighbor issue was resolved and I was able to move my car into my spot. Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment