Saturday, July 28, 2012

Melted Pocket Candy

For most people, melted pocket candy is disgusting. I cherish that squishy feeling, excitement tingling right up my arm, across my chest and down to my stomach. I purposely put chocolate in my pocket and wander around on steaming days. Eventually I'll find a private spot away from judgmental types and stick my hand right in there, extracting a glob with my fingers. There will be licking, my friends, plenty of sordid licking.
Periodically, I will stop and repeat this procedure. A piece of advice--empty your pockets of all fuzz. Kills the taste. Dries the palette.
A point about licorice. A serviceable treat, but not in chocolate's class. It doesn't melt. Just gets stickier. No licking involved, despite its name.
A word about nuts and chocolate. No matter how hot it is in and out of your pocket, your nuts will never melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment