Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Penny for Your Thoughts

When God said that to me I had the sense He was being sarcastic. Maybe he thought I was wasting the mind He gave me.
Well, I told Him, I was contemplating why I can't seem to finish the container of hummus that's been in my refrigerator for weeks. It's baffling because only a little while ago I couldn't get enough hummus. I'd buy two or three different flavors at a time and anticipate an entire evening of hummus and crackers. Sometimes I'd rub it over my chest.
Gradually I noticed my excitement lose steam. It wasn't like I substituted something else, like spicy salsa dip. That ravenous desire for this creamy substance had come and gone quickly. Peanut butter crackers are a so so substitute I've dabbled with. Maybe my taste buds got bored. Yes, perhaps it's time to move on, adjust and accept change. Change is a healthy part of life, right?
I looked up and realized God had dozed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment