Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lying Down

As soon as I finish typing this I'm going to lie down and no one can stop me. That's the great thing about being retired and living alone. I don't have to ask permission. I can put on the jazz station or just lie there in silence, resting. Notice, I never mentioned napping. Napping is actually losing consciousness. I will be wide awake, eyes closed, mind quite active. I may rub my stomach or turn on my side, adjust the pillows, but I am NOT napping.
Yes, I have to hit the gym, but that is later. I haven't painted anything all week, but that, too, is a future project. My second collection of stories, Plowed In, is coming out soon and I need all my energy to market this baby. I'm competing against Batman. It will be on Amazon, like Twilight People, the first collection. The heat wave will be over and people will want to leave the house again. What better destination than seeing me read from my book?
Now I'm going to open the windows, remove my undershirt, perhaps trim my chest hair and take the next hour off, just lying down, NOT napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment