Saturday, July 14, 2012

Messages

I have decided to stop sending private messages on Facebook. The reason is no one responds to them, which is rude. Here I am trying to help people who obviously have issues and I get ignored. I can use my worldly experience to advise and consult in many areas, lead them out of the abyss. I can simply comfort them, extending a cyber hug. I can reassure them that their lives have meaning. Okay, I can also mention my new collection of short stories, Plowed In, due for release next month.
Here's an example: a woman in her forties is diagnosed with a stress fracture in her lower back and broadcasts this news on Facebook. In fact, she shares everything there, making certain we understand what a rich full life she has with her boyfriend who's also in his forties. Please. Is this high school? Anyway I advise her to stop the boxing lessons and fitness boot camps, recognize she's middle aged and ease up on her body. Sensible, right? Well I got no response and this has happened with others I've tried to help. What's the point of having a message system if people don't appreciate your wisdom?
I'm not asking for complete control of their lives. Okay, maybe 60%. It's for their own good. But now that all ends. Let them whine about their little problems and get one sentence useless comments from other friends. I'm going to focus on my own issues, like this bug bite that's itching like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment