Monday, July 2, 2012

Reboot

Both of my TV sets are out. At the request of the cable rep, I pulled out the plug, waited five seconds, and replugged it. The HOLD icon flashed as I spoke to the rep, who was very friendly. She asked what I was doing for Fourth of July and I told her. I mentioned I was retired and that I had a book published. She asked if it were available on Kindle and I answered in the affirmative. I said you have to prepare for retirement after she revealed a friend's father was lost after 40 years in the PO.
The five minutes were up and the icon still flashed HOLD. She said they'd have to send over a cable guy the next day between 11-2, just when I was going to meet friends. So now I have to stay home waiting.
I wish I could reboot my life. There is something hypnotic about watching that thing flash on and off. At least I still have my computer and phone. I can wave to people outside. I'm going to miss Bunheads tonight on cable. My guilty pleasure. Isn't it mature of me not to lose my temper over something I can't control? And maybe I made a book sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment