Wednesday, July 4, 2012

KaBoom

You have to plan your Fourth of July carefully. I attend two parades; one is a baby parade, where parents dress their sweltering kids up in patriotic costumes and make them walk around in a four block circle, possibly scarring them for life.
I shoot from that monstrosity to a regular parade 10 miles away. That event is not as well attended as in the past. Perhaps the three other parades in surrounding towns have something to do with it. Or the heat. Or boredom. I have come to the conclusion that all fire engines and ambulances should be omitted from these spectacles. So should police and EMS workers. They just remind us of tragedy. More jugglers and friendly clowns instead. Not those scary types and you know who I'm referring to.
This evening I will go to the Hudson River and watch Macy's fireworks with nine million others. I'll have to park about a mile away and walk. Finding the exact perfect spot will be difficult. My night vision is limited and I fear tripping over someone's kid or pet. I will get a stiff neck from taking photos of the pyrotechnics and probably will forget where I parked.
In the days when I had sense, I'd just sit home and watch it on TV. But I have a Macy's credit card and I sort of feel obligated to express awe at their costly investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment