Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting Older

No one expects much from an old guy and that's just fine with me. A lot of pressure lifted from my shoulders. I drive slow with two hands clenched on the wheel. Take my time getting into and out of cars. I do not take risks to prove anything. Nothing dangerous happening here should be on my t-shirt.
Young guys hardly ever listen. That's pretty much all I do now, that and nodding to avoid arguments. I'm afraid if I get upset I'll pass wind or worse.
Getting older means you don't have to go mountain biking, bungee jumping, hang gliding, jump from planes, or bend quickly. I speak as slow as I bend, using fewer big words I can't pronounce anymore. Age gives me the right to complain about little things. I can take crap and not lose sleep. Fast walking women who leave me behind don't aggravate me anymore. I accept the loss of testosterone as long as I keep choosing mens' underwear. My self image is intact. I'll still take out the garbage, except for the heavy pails.
Any chance you can massage my shoulders? I promise not to grunt in ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment