Monday, March 19, 2012

First Sentence

Detective novel-I pointed my Glock at the dame's chest and asked, "How did you get in here, lady?"
Existential-The overhead fans kept circling endlessly, useless in this heat, and I thought hard about suicide.
Sci-fi-As we moved closer to the surface, we could see the sad remnants of a doomed civilization.
Historical-I opened the door and there stood Ben Franklin in fishnet stockings, enraptured.
Romance-Luigi ripped off his silk, off white shirt and moved toward me, his seething eyes never leaving my pulsing bosom.
Mystery-Nothing is quite as it seems at 2am in LA.
Adventure-Off to my right I saw dozens of mounted swordsmen shouting in Turkish.
Espionage-My cell vibrated and I sensed it was my contact in Brussels.
Memoir-Why me??
Young Adult-For my 13th birthday my parents got me a goldfish; luckily I knew how to work the blender.
Police Procedural-Blood splattered across the wall was as close to art as Curtis ever got in his short, violent life.

No comments:

Post a Comment