Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spark Something

Now that Occupy Wall Street is dead, we conscientious types need something to boycott. I suggest flower shops.Only the affluent can afford flowers anymore and most florists are snooty. How many times have I stared into a floral shop and seen pitiful captured flowers, wilting from depression. Their ultimate fate is being stuck in a vase at some 1% er's home and used for decorative purposes.
Once I was able to save up enough to buy a single violet. I treasured my flower, taking such care of it that my baby lasted far longer than expected. Those open discussions he and I had were easily the most substantive I've recently engaged in. I really miss Sebastian.
Compare that nurturing relationship to some sleek hedge fund manager buying up truckloads of tulips and selling them at profit to fools with money. Demonstration against the Tulip Black Market should be at the apex of our agenda. Another target should be the distribution of air brushed photos of celebrities that make Jennifer Aniston and Keanu Reeves look twenty five. This flies against truth and honesty, which are the spine of our government. Or possibly the tailbone.
Something that really annoys me and demands action is my $26 electric razor, which does not do its job. I have to go over my face with a straight razor and that defeats the whole purpose. I still wind up with three long hairs near my mouth and that's where people keep looking. To the barricades!

No comments:

Post a Comment