Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Is That Your Car?

It depends on who is asking and their tone.
A kid who seems awed by my Hyundai, I'll say yes.
A hot woman who emphasizes the word 'that' disdainfully and I'll deny all connection.
An old friend merits honesty only if he's honest about his '95 Volvo.
Elderly folks with poor vision will get an affirmative, as they can't see the scratches.
A smirking teen gets a lecture on working part time instead of accepting an allowance.
Environmentalists receive a lie centering on me only driving only on weekends & biking otherwise.
If it's a cop I know my day is ruined.
If it's one of the voices inside my head, I'll try to ignore it, like I'm doing now as I'm being told to tackle serious topics on this blog.
I tried painting over the scratches on my side panel, but the paint didn't match and it looks worse. I vacuum the insides and discover cracker crumbs from brands that went bankrupt. Other guys find women's underwear. That pretty much sums up my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment