Saturday, March 31, 2012

Minor Annoyances

I can't get the foil cover off my can of Blue Diamond walnuts without ripping it into bits that land within the nuts and who knows what the heck I'm swallowing?
I filled out a Subway online survey and received a free cookie code to be written on my receipt. What I didn't realize was you have to return to the same Subway to get the cookie. Calculating the 12 miles driving to Bayonne in time and gas money leaves me no choice--I have to relinquish my free cookie unless I can convince some local Subway counter person to give me a break. I may have to offer sex. Hey, have you tasted their new strawberry cookie? Don't judge me until then.
CVS sends me 20% discount coupons over the Internet and I go there and buy several CVS brand products. At the register, on a $16 order I only get .40 off. None of my CVS products were discounted. When I inquired, I was told CVS products are on sale and you can't use the coupon for sale items. It's right there in the small print. But I didn't see any sale sign on the shelf, I protest. The woman shows me the circular, which I never looked at beforehand. See, she says, all CVS products are on sale. If that's the case, why are their prices on a par with regular priced national brands? Shouldn't the CVS price be lower if they are on sale? Incredibly, by sending me this coupon with its stipulations, CVS is encouraging me to buy other brands so I can get the 20% off.
So instead of saving $3, I saved a lousy .40 on a thank you card for someone I don't even like. Where is capitalism headed?

No comments:

Post a Comment