Monday, March 5, 2012

Quitter

As I type this I should be on my way to a writing group 10 miles distant. This group just started a month ago with three of us. I missed the second meeting two weeks ago because I was meeting with another writing group. One of the members of the new group had a doctor's appointment and also missed the second meeting. Which left one person sitting there alone before he left after 20 minutes. I feel guilty I didn't let him know I'd be elsewhere. But then I thought, what about all the writers who should have been there and didn't show? Damn it, you whine how lonely writing is and ignore an opportunity to meet other scribes.
Yes, I should be driving there right now, but if no one else shows am I going to feel foolish? Besides, I've got a busy day ahead and gas has gone way up and there's this hot blonde on Kelly Ripa's show right now, Alison Sweeney. I am a dedicated writer, but there are only so many groups you can join. Yesterday I decided to go to The Ethical Society for a lecture and lunch. Then I went to the gym, did my laundry and did power walking. I almost fell asleep on The Good Wife, which I never do. I am overextended.
Plus I have six more books to read for two websites which pay me and even at 75 pages an hour that is a lot of reading.
I just realized--I forgot to shave. No, there's no way I can continue in this new writing group which is only three and shows no sign of adding more. I hope they don't send nasty e-mails.

No comments:

Post a Comment